Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Twilight, A problem I think so....


I have been fighting it for about a year now. I have had no desire to read those books. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Okay maybe a little. I love to blog hop, even on blogs of peeps I don't know. I would always see those stupid Icons that said " My heart belongs to my Husband, my neck belongs to Edward". Cheeeeeeeeeesy. I thought they were so stupid, and who would ever do that. Who would be so involved in a book for crying out loud. A book. Silly Twilight series. Everyone I know that has seen the movie kept on telling how good it was, so like an idiot, I put it on my Netflix page. It said it would be a very long wait. Tricky little devils, they lied. It came the next day. So now I had to watch it, or not and waste 3 days until the next movie came. I watched it, loved it, made my mom buy it for me, and then preceded to watch it another 8 times in a week. I bought the first book, read it in 2 days. I'm one of those people. I can't stop waking up in the middle of the night thinking about reading. I haven't loved a series so much. Anyone else loved this so much they can't think about anything else???

8 comments:

Holly Long said...

Jade, I have all the books that mom sent me ready to send to you! I just have to get to the post office. I'll go ahead and send them all, even though you already have the first. I was supposed to make sure they went home with you guys when you came, but I totally spaced! My apologies. I'll make sure they go out by the end of the week!

snapie said...

Hey Jade, Glad you are enjoying them. I can't stand twilight and just don't get it. Armani read the first one and was like mom this is a dumb romance novel. I do understand getting into a series just not this one. This comment is coming from one who dresses up every year for Halloween:P

NanaBell said...

Hello, Jade:

I picked up the first book at Sam's just to see what all the fuss was about. Once I started reading, I couldn't get it out of my head. I finished it the first weekend and could hardly wait until the next Friday to buy the next one. I ended up reading all three in less than two weeks. The good news is that, once I finished them, I didn't think about them anymore. I haven't gotten around to seeing the movie yet.

Shanna said...

You're so funny! I haven't fallen just yet, but I'm sure I eventually will! And yes, we are still planning on coming up on Sunday. What time do you want us over?

Heather Tew said...

I didn't understand it until I read them. Lets just say that Parker raised himself for a few days. I was so addicted. Jeff has seen the movie (I made him sit through it with me). He thinks I am crazy!!! I am excited for the new movie. I am glad that someone else is addicted like me.

MStevenson said...

I never read the books. I did watch the movie, and I thought it was cheesy. But entertaining. I'd watch it again.

NJ said...

Jade that was so funny. I'm glad you let go and let yourself watch the movie. It's ok to like Twilight. Just repeat. It does get into your head at least while you're reading it. I loved them. You make me want to read the series again!

Matt and Jade said...

I finished them, all. It took 7 days. I just got so addicted. I have a problem. I think I'm in love.