Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rome

Yup, our hotel was that close. Look at that view, the Colosseum was amazing.

Inside the Colosseum.

These are ruins in the middle of the city. Yes you heard that right. They were all over the place. Ruins. Just fenced off. Crazy right?

At the Roman Forum.

Pantheon. The Doom was open, and it was raining. So they had the middle section blocked off, since the marble was slippery. The whole floor was different colors of marble. It was beautiful.

The Doom in the Pantheon.

A column at the Pantheon. Rose and Paul trying to wrap their arms around it. It is solid marble. Could you image how much those suckers weigh?

The Trevi Fountain. Look at those sculptors. Breathtaking.

It's tradition to turn around and throw a Euro in backwards and make a wish, and that's what we did.

Matt, Me, Paul, Mom, and Rose. We didn't get many family pictures.

The Spanish Steps. Matt and Paul ran to the top. There was a crazy vendor that kept on pushing roses onto us, and then didn't understand that we didn't want them, if we had to pay for them.

Rome was incredible. There is so much history and beauty in everything. For all those who want to come and visit, Rome is a must. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. My feet hurt after awhile.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Amazing! I'd love to go there some day. Glad you guys are having fun living it up in Europe! =)

Charity said...

*wiping off drool*..a few comments...

I love that I can click on the pictures and see them up close! Yay!

I love the ruins, but can already hear Cliff asking me why we want to see crumbling buildings.

I love the shot of y'all throwing the coins backwards!

But most of all I love Matt's "man purse". He can call it a messenger bag, but I'm calling it his "man purse"! Ha ha I love it! And I love y'all! Looks like such fun!

Shanae said...

Great Pics! That's awesome you guys were able to make it to ROME!!!!

Here's Millie's comment (she loves the keyboard) :


bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbkl;ln?
}|bbbogb[ n
(

NJ said...

That's awesome. Rome looks like a must. I must go there. Mostly to see you guys, but man that place is fantastic!!! Wow!