Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Military Ball and Sightseeing

The Edelweiss Resort where we stayed. It had a spa and pool down stairs. We went swimming and hot tubbing after the ball.

Matt and I at the ball. You can't see my dress, but it's a big puffy ball gown.

The town of Oberammergau. They are know for their wood carving and The PassionPlay. They have some beautiful Nativity Set and Candle Pyramids.

A croissants that I had. German ones are the best, better than French or Italian. Theirs are too sweet.

We walked through this fair in Garmisch. We bought the croissant and brats here. They had laderhosen. It was really expensive clothing. Like 200 euros, which it about 350.00 dollars.
The brat I bought. It was so good. I did not want to share.

Humpty dumpty. The store behind Matt, was full of wood carved humpty dumptys. It was crazy creepy. Stalkerish creepy.

King Ludwig II palace. Sorry I didn't get a closer picture. It was beautiful. He was so full of himself. He had mirrors everywhere, so he can look at himself, all over his home. Everything was gold plated, doors, walls, scones, and chandeliers.

We had a so much fun in Germany. It was beautiful. The sky the weather the Bavaria food, it was all wonderful.

4 comments:

Larry & AnnMarie said...

I love all your pictures and commentary! Keep blogging!!

Charity said...

That ego maniacs palace is amazing! The brat looks delicious and it would be hard for me to share too. Love the picture of Matt with Humpty Dumpty. Nice shoes Matt...really...not like my "nice messenger bag" comment. I like them. Really.

NJ said...

Germany looks like fun! So many places to see and the food looks pretty much delicious. Wow you guys are such a handsome couple - you are gorgeous. Love that color on you. We loved hearing you guys voices yesterday. It made our day!

Unknown said...

what time of year did you go?, because the weather looked beautiful !!