Friday, November 7, 2008

New Calling...

Now don't think I don't like church...I do..I swear. I just don't like it when I am coming into the chapel and the 1st Counselor in our Bishopric comes up to me and says "Can I speak with you for a moment". Now the first thing that goes through my head is, oh crap, here comes the calling. I kind of had an idea, that someone put in my head, of what my calling was. My friend Kendra and I are the new Marriage and Family Relations teachers. I am a little scared. I have only given one lesson in RS since I have become an adult. Almost 6 years. Everyone said I did a good job, but that still doesn't change the fact that it scares me. I will be spending a lot of time on my knees to prepare for this lesson. Now because there are two instructors we have to figure out how to teach together. It will be a learning experience and a way for us to become better people in general. Here's to a wonderful, trying time. Wish me luck.....

3 comments:

Barb said...

That's a good class - but I've never heard of someone being called to teach it with another person in the ward besides their husband. Kind of strange. Good luck!

Tiffany said...

You'll do well, Jade! Teaching really is a fun calling. Take it from me! And, I can't think of a more bubbly and social person than you. Pretty soon you'll be basking in all the interaction that comes with teaching! :)

Bobbie said...

Jade, you'll be great.
Grandpa Farmer