Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I hate New Years Resolutions. I always feel that I never do well at them, so I just don't make them. Problem solved, right? No! Then I start to feel guilty about not trying to do better, and then I start to break out cause I'm worried, which make me break out more. Terrible, I know. Anyways, one of my ideas was to do Family Home Evening, regularly. I know, hard to do, without any kids, but we need to build this habit now... So we will be prepared when we finally have children. So our neighbors/friends Pete & Rosann, and Rob decided do do this with us. So far, So good. Yesterday we listened to the talk from Oct. General Conference "A Return to Virtue", by Elaine Dalton. Such a good talk, if you still have your Ensign it's on page 78. Check it out here. Afterwards, as an activity we played with playdoh. My idea. Totally worth it. Here's some pictures of the fruit of our labors.
Pete trying to fix Rosann's snowman, after he flicked it of the table.
Rob with his alligator thing, we weren't really sure what he was doing. Matt's house plant. It looks a lot like the one we have in our kitchen.
Pete with his Papa Smurf. Classic.
Rob's UPS truck. He doesn't know that Matt works for them.
Matt's open sign.
Ball and Bat. That concentration, priceless.
I have to say that was the best FHE we had. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait until next Monday.

3 comments:

snapie said...

I love the playdoh idea!

Kendra said...

I love love play dough!

NJ said...

That's so much fun! Aw Pete and Rosan! They're great!