Monday, January 26, 2009

SnowBoarding

Our ward had a snowboarding/skiing activity on Saturday Night. Matt and I have never done either, so we decided to go. We rented our stuff from the WRC (Wilderness Rec Center) on campus. We were even able to rent snow pants from them. All I have to say is, this is a very expensive activity. Besides the price, it's a lot of fun. The bishop said there was about 35 people there from the ward. That is a good turn out for an activity. We all met at the church at 2:00pm and left shortly after. It took about 35-45 minutes to drive up to Powder Mountain. Pete Owen was kind of enough to show us how to snowboard. One of the first things he taught us was how to crash properly. Your suppose to fall on your knees, elbows, or on your butt; not on your hands, you could break your wrist that way. He was a really good teacher. We practiced falling, and I have to say I am really good at it. My knees look like the are rug burned. When I finally was able to stand up and go down I couldn't figure out how to stop, so I would just fall to the side and eat a lot of snow. Pete's wife Rosann took this pictures for me.
I love this picture.
After I biffed it, I got all tangled up. I couldn't stop laughing.
I am actually standing, look at me go.
This is at the end of the night, we were beat.
It so snowy there. The snow was coming down really heavy. Everyone kept on saying that it was the perfect day to be out. It was so much fun. If you haven't been this year, I recommend that you go.

2 comments:

NJ said...

That looks like so much fun Jade! Those pics of you are soooo cute! Maybe next year we can all go together. I've never been, and Mike will probably try to teach me. I feel bad for him already LOL.

Matt and Jade said...

We had a blast. We would love to go with y'all. I just have to say there's a reason I didn't play organized sports. LOL!