Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chinese Food

I get this text message from my friend Natalie yesterday, it said "Let's get Chinese and watch American Idol". You know how I love to eat out, so it took after 10 seconds to say okay. At about 6:15 pm AnnMarie, Natalie, and I go to Golden Jade on Harrison (near Javier's). I have never been there before, it was really good, and a lot of food. I got Chicken Lo Mein.

When we got back to the house, we ate and watched American Idol. Natalie and I are devoted fans. AnnMarie not so much, she went home to do homework. We had a good time hanging out and watching TV. Natalie same time, same place. We should try a different restaurant every week it would be fun.


I have some sad news, 1 of the 3 girls that I liked got kicked off. Poor Rose. Oh well, at least Anne Marie and Megan are still on. They didn't show Megan singing last night, but she made it through. Good Luck to her and Anne Marie.

I highly recommend Golden Jade if you haven't tried it yet. It was very reasonably priced (Matt and I both ate for $8.90 and still had leftovers) and their lunch specials even cheaper. Same amount of food, just less money. Does anyone have suggestions for our weekly dinners?

4 comments:

NJ said...

I like it :) have you ever been to HughHes Cafe? It's pretty good, not as cheap as the Golden Jade, but we like it. I'm so sorry, I can't make it tonight but I hope that it goes awesome!!

Barb said...

You need to go to the Lucky Buffet on Riverdale - more chinese and oh so good! Plus it's a buffet so you can eat yourself silly!

Can't come tonight - my visiting teachers are coming, but we will see you on the 21st! Just call and let me know what I can bring!

Heather Tew said...

sounds good....I missed Idol, I am not a devoted watcher, but it sure is fun to watch. Keep me posted on who wins. Try Javiers....their food is yummy!!! Miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

Jade! I love!! haha it is officially a weekly tradition. Hmmm where should we go next week?? Hmmmmm....