Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Sunday


The RA's (resident assistants) Josh and Cassie that are in charge of the married residents had a Superbowl party.
Housing bought steaks for us. Pete was kind enough to grill them for us. They were a little too pink for me. I just don't like my cow still kicking.
Everyone was asked to bring a dish to share. I made wings. It was the first time I made them. I had this new recipe I was just dying to try it. The wing sauce was made of Pace salsa, ground ginger and honey. It was sweet and a little tangy. But for some reason I had a brain fart and didn't get a picture. I know what your thinking, Jade without her camera, big mistake.

Matt made this cake. The recipe is in the family cookbook. But the name has left my mind. If you want to know what kind it is, you'll have to ask Matt.
We played Nerf War again. All of us with our weapon of choice.

Rosann. She is very brutal when playing. You don't want her turning on you.
Cassie. Look at that crossbow. It hurts when you get hit by it.

Kerstin. Two guns. Enough said.
So we watched the game. I was a little disappointed when the Cardinals lost, but life moves on. After the game, we played a couple of rounds of Nerf War. Then at 9 we watched The Office. I had never watched a full episode. It was hilarious. I'm not sure if I would continue watching it, but it was on, so why not. Afterward, we played a few more games of Nerf War. All in all, the night was a blast. Props go to our fabulous host and hostess Cassie and Josh. I hope the rest of the semester is just a good.
Anyone else enjoy Superbowl Sunday? How was the parties?

3 comments:

JD and Ash said...

Hey no one told us about the party!! Looks like there was some good food!

NJ said...

Jade, love your party - sounds like so much fun! The food looks amazing :) And I love that you loved the office. We have the first 4 seasons - and I think you guys should come watch them sometime with us. I think you'll become an addict like we are. :)

Matt and Jade said...

Sorry, about no one telling you about the party. It was a lot of fun.

Nikki let us know when you want us to come over?! We have to get together soon.